Talk Like a Pirate Day Weekend!
Avast, ye' lilly livered land lubbers-- AdventureQuest 3D be celebrating its 1st ever Talk Like a Pirate Day. Raid a DC shop full o' booty to be walk'n the plank in style, har har.
What is Talk Like a Pirate Day?
Shivery me timbers! Next Tuesday, September 19th, is the official International Talk Like a Pirate Day (Or "TLAPD" if ye be one'o dem abbrever-inating scallywags). It is a one-day holiday where we... well, me matey, the name pretty much sums it up. Created by John Baur & Mark Summers, we have been celebrating it every single year in our video games. Did you know the infamous Captain Rhubarb's arrived during our 1st Talk Like a Pirate Day in the original AdventureQuest?
Captain Rhubarb's Pirate Shop
Captain Rhubarb is visiting the town of Battleon for a short time. Talk to him and check out his shop full of cosmetic DC seasonal loot.
- Pirate Hook Hand - 250 DC
- Eye patch - 100 DC
- Pirate Hat & Eye patch - 100 DC
- Pirate Anchor (Weapon) - 250 DC
- Big Pirate Cutlass - 250 DC
- Anchor on your Back - 500 DC
- King's Cutlass - 250 DC
- Pirate Shell Shoulders - 500 DC
- Naval Shell Shoulders - 500 DC
- Leather Pirate Coat (Armor) - 1100 DC
- Leather Pirate Hat - 100 DC
- Leather Pirate Gloves - 150 DC
- Leather Pirate Boots - 150 DC
- Leather Pirate Belt - 100 DC
- Naval Commander Coat (Armor) - 1100 DC
- Naval Commander Eye Patch - 100 DC
- Naval Commander Hat - 100 DC
- Naval Commander Gloves - 150 DC
- Naval Commander Boots - 150 DC
- Naval Commander Belt - 100 DC
- Naval Commander Shoulders - 500 DC
- Naval Commander Cutlass - 250 DC
You can get pieces individually or...
GET IT ALL! Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017
Permanently unlock every item from the 2017 Talk Like a Pirate Day Shop
Want to have every item? Want to have permanent access to every item year round without using up any of that precious bank space? Buy the "Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017" for 4,900 DC. This is a special quest item-- turn it in to Captain Rhubarb, and you will permanently unlock ALL of the items from the first ever AdventureQuest 3D Talk Like a Pirate Day. It will also give you a RARE badge.
That's right! The character page badge that you get for unlocking the 2017 TLAPD collection is RARE. Each year's collection will have its own badge so this is your ONLY CHANCE to get it!
The entire collection will be available to you through a shop which contains all the items for 0 gold (meaning you can freely get it, delete it, and get it again whenever you want.)
If ye purchase the Pirate Collector's Bounty 2017, ye can access it from Captain Rhubarb until he leaves or from Melodia in Yulgar's Inn at any time.
Kickstarter Alpha Pirate Bonus
Alpha Pirate Shell Shoulders, Gloves, and Pirate Sword Back Item!
AdventureQuest 3D keeps getting better, and in our next major release we will have the new Warrior, Rogue, Mage, and Guardian classes. Once you fall in love with those, we will rapidly be releasing Dragonslayer, Paladin, Necromancer, Ninja, and... Alpha Pirate-- which will be our first ranged Pistol class. We really wanted to surprise you by having it ready for this event, but it will be worth the wait. So, for this special event, we put bonus gifts in your Alpha Pirate shop at the Founder's sanctuary to give you more pieces to your perma-rare set-- Alpha Pirate Shell Shoulders, Gloves, and a Pirate Sword Back Item!
How to Talk Like a Pirate
Thee first thing ye need to know ‘bout becomin’ a pirate be crucial: ye gotta believe yer a pirate! If ye don’t truly believe ye be a Swashbuckler, then ain't nobody else gonna be fooled!
Best follow these steps below!
- We pirates don’t be good at speakin’. We scowl a lot, and we like to mutter most o’ our words. Best get used to it, matey!
- Ye gotta run yer words together. Ye gotta slur. Don’t use no proper sentences, neither!
- If ye still have yer hands, use a motherload o’ gestures. Movin’ yer hands about when ye speak be key to a pirate’s life. It also be good fer ye circulation!
- Pirates be loud n’ lusty. Th' louder ye be, th' smart’r ye sound!
- Never say “you” or “your” unless ye wishes to walk thee plank! It be “ye” an’ “yer” in th' Pirate’s life! Savvy?
- Oh, and it be “me” and not no “mine”! Fer example, “that be me sword, ye no-good, two-toothed, thievin’ scallywag!”
- Drop th' “g” after words endin’ in “ing”. There be no need fer that “g” after many words, like goin’, and questin’, and fishin’, and swimmin’!
- Make up words if ye have to! We pirates don’t be minding a wee bit o’ hornswaggling!
- Never leave port without yer good luck charm, or there be mighty dire consequences! I never leaves home without me lucky skull beret!
Pirate 101 - Use some swanky lingo
- All hands on deck! – A cry that calls for immediate action.
- Ahoy! – A general greeting, meaning "Hello!"
- Arrr! – A pirate’s most commonly used word that has no solid definition.
- Avast! – A cry that generally means “Stop and give attention.” Can also mean "Whoa!” or "Check it out" or "No way!"
- Aye! - "Yes!"
- Belay - To immediately cease or stop.
- Booty - Anything of value that a pirate can plunder.
- Cat’o’Nine Tails – A whip made up of nine knotted ropes.
- Crow’s Nest – A lookout point at the top of the tallest mast on a ship.
- Cutlass – A curved sword, favored by many sailors.
- Davy Jones' Locker – Technically means the bottom of the sea. It is also where the souls of drowned pirates go.
- Grog – A pirate’s beverage of choice.
- Hoist the Colors! –To raise the Pirate flag before attacking.
- Hearties –Shipmates and friends.
- Hornswaggle—To cheat or to lie.
- Lad—A name for a young gentleman.
- Lass - A name for a young woman, usually more polite.
- Lubber or landlubber—A name give to those who prefer land over the sea.
- Motherload –A term for a very large amount of booty or treasure.
- Salt or Old Salt—The name given to veteran Sailors. Also used to enhance the flavor of food.
- Savvy – Meaning to understand or “okay”.
- Smartly – To do or to perform something quickly.
- Scurvy –A common condition of sailors who go too long without eating fruits and vegetables.
- Shiver me timbers! –"Well, I'll be" or "What a surprise!"
- Swag—The common term for riches and/or gold.
- Walk the plank – To be forced to walk the length of a plank that has been placed over the side of a ship. The outcome is not promising.
On behalf o’ th' Aaaaaaartix Entertainment crew, ye be ready fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Grab ye cutlass and ye hat, and don’t be forgettin’ yer lucky charm! At any time that ye be needin’ a quick reminder, come back ‘n get a refresher! Savvy, pirate?