Always clear your cache after a major update!
When there has been a new update, you may need to restart Steam and reload the game in order to see the new updates. You may also need to use the "Clear Cache" button in the Options menu on the game's Title Screen.
1.19.11 - hotfixes and updates
- Isle of the Dead - "Claim Your First Page": you can now reenter Skitter's Lair by returning to the area that teleported you there originally. Alternatively you can use /join skitter to get back to the map.
- Fixed some instances where maps could merge.
- Fixed an issue where joining a map too quickly could cause the game to crash (often happened while joining Random Adventures).
- Fixed an issue where NPC panels could sometimes break.
- Better support for quest tracking and tracking objectives.
- The game should display when you have no more ads to watch (mobile only).
- Fixed some issues with dialogues sometimes not working.
1.19.9 - 1.19.10 hotfixes and updates
- The PvP Test Area map is now strictly limited to 6 players (3 v 3).
- Additional Bank Vaults past 30 should now be visible to purchase.
- Added some server stability fixes.
Today's Patch features the first round of PvP Testing! Please note that this is just a rough test with much more to come! PvP Testing is currently limited to Guardians and is located inside the Guardian Tower. Head to the Combat Training area and Guardian players will find the entrance to the PvP Testing area there!
With this patch, some minor changes to the BASE GAME have been made to balance some of the Classes and Skills:
- The player will now move slightly slower when moving backwards as well as sideways.
- The cooldown for using Health and Mana Potions has been increased to 45 seconds.
- Ranged abilities have had their ranges reduced slightly.
- Melee attack range has been increased slightly.
- Mobs will no longer become 100% immune to CC (Crowd Control) spells, but Diminishing Returns will still apply. Bosses and mobs which are immune to CC spells will still remain immune. *Known issue: due to the short duration times as a result of Diminishing Returns, a visual bug can occur where debuff icons linger on the character / mob*
- Time between Mage Auto Attacks has been increased to address an animation issue. Damage has been increased slightly to compensate.
- GUARDIAN SPECIFIC CHANGES:
- Guardian Strike now gains 4 Marks, up from 3.
- Dragon's Breath cast time has been reduced to 0.25 seconds.
- Dragon's Breath area of effect has been increased from 2yds to 3yds.
We have enabled special rules in the PvP Area for the first Testing Phase. These rules are listed below:
- The PvP Testing Area is a 6 player map, players joining will be put on alternating teams as they enter. The map will cap out at 3 vs 3.
- Players are required to be facing their target in PvP in order to use Spells and Abilities successfully.
- All players will be set to a specific level and stats. Player equipment will not factor into stats for PvP in this Area. This is to ensure that all players start on a level playing field.
- All Crowd Control spell durations are halved vs Players.
- Evasion is set to 0; however Spells which affect Dodge and Evasion chance will still work (such as Ninja's Smoke Screen).
- Ultimate Charge is set to 0 when joining the PvP Test map.
- It will now take 15 seconds to exit combat from a PvP encounter. This timer will reset when a player is defeated in PvP, however will persist if you leave the map in the middle of battle.
- The PvP Testing Map will automatically close after 15 minutes.
1.19.8 fixes and updates
- New Area Loot button! This button will allow you to open all loot bags in the vicinity. The default key on PC devices is "F".
- A new "Contact Support" option has been added to the Main Menu. Make sure to use this whenever you need help!
- Fixed an issue where the Chat Window could be in the wrong position when first unlocking the feature.
- Added better feedback for when the Player has been Silenced.
- An additional 20 Bank Vaults are now available for purchase! *Known issue: UI requires a hotfix to display additional Bank Vaults for purchase; PC and Android devices will be hotfixed immediately after this patch*
- All Bank Vaults have had their size increased by 10 slots.
1.19.3 updates and fixes
- New Quest Log update! The Quest Log will now show ALL Quests that your character has accepted. This includes the 'automatic' or 'Saga' Quests that appear when you enter certain zones. We hope that this will help alleviate some confusion around how the Saga system works.
- Fixed some issues where certain steps in the Westmere quest chain that could break.
- Fixed an issue where names could get scaled up on your screen.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck on the game loading screen if your game got disconnected immediately upon login.
- Fixed an issue where Cross Class Skills were triggering passive effects where they should not have.
- Fixed a bug where Class Rank XP may not have been saved if a player switched Classes.
- Updated some Spell tooltips.
- Added a new icon for Pistol type weapons.
Today's update introduces the brand new Class Ranks system! Class Skills will now get boosted as you play, and players can now unlock a special "Cross Class Skill" that can be equipped while playing other Classes! Check out the Design Notes for more information!
With this new feature also comes a few UI changes; main hotbar quickslots are now unlocked as you level up. Swapping skills and items into your hotbar should now be a lot quicker and streamlined. Let us know what you guys think!
1.19.1 - 1.19.2 hotfixes *new*
- Fixed an issue where Rank Up messages were broadcast to all other players in the map.
- Starter Classes now show their Class Tokens properly in their Class Page and will now allow you to use Class Tokens to Rank Up.
- The tooltip for Ranking Up using Class Tokens now shows the correct Class XP gained.
- Player Level in the main Player UI Bar will now be updated to show your Level properly.
1.19.0 fixes and updates
- Main inventory now shows the newest items at the top of the list.
- All unlockable Classes will now generally cost around 1000 Class Tokens to unlock. Quests and recipes have been updated to reflect this change, and all players who already had DragonSlayer and Pirate Class Tokens in their inventory will have their quantities updated to match as well.
- Class Tokens can now be spent to increase your Class Rank!
- In addition to getting regular Character XP, monsters will now also give Class XP that is used to rank up the Classes.
- Awesome new particle effects when you Level Up / Rank Up!
- Players will now need to battle monsters closer to their level in order to gain full XP and gold rewards. Fighting enemies much weaker than you will no longer yield as many rewards.
- Fixed an issue where main inventory tabs could be difficult to click.
- Fixed an issue where the virtual joystick would not work as intended.
Known issues / upcoming fixes
- Class XP per Token is showing the wrong value (200) in the popup window when using Tokens.
- Player level on the main Player Portrait is not updating properly in some instances.
- Class Tokens for the Starter Classes cannot be used to Rank Up.
- Rank Up screen will show for everyone else in your map.
- Working on an improved slider on popup windows (such as buying, selling, consuming items).
- Ninja Skill tooltips are still being worked on.
1.18.6 FIXES AND UPDATES
- Added a new "FPS Monitor" Setting which will display FPS and memory information while running the game. This can be found in the General Settings Menu.
- Added an option to toggle the Interface Mode between the PC UI and the Mobile UI. This can be found in the Graphics Settings Menu.
- Fixed an issue where players could bypass or run past the objective needed inside the Alpha Caverns for a quest.
- Fixed a memory issue which was causing some players to experience crashing when loading some cinematics, particularly the ones involving Akriloth.
- Optimization and fixes in Lolosia to help improve performance in that area.
- Fixed an issue where one instance of the Red Betty during the Storyline Quest was not loading properly.
- Fixed an issue where the client could crash and become unresponsive.
1.18.5 hotfixes and updates
- Fixed an issue where the Daily Chest would not load properly, leaving the Chest unopened and still in the player's inventory.
- Fixed an issue where fishing nodes could get stuck and stop working.
- Fixed fullscreen images on certain resolutions where the close button was cut off.
- The item panel on a Dungeon Load screen will no longer be duplicated by triggering it multiple times.
- Gravity should now apply immediately on moving platforms (again).
The new Daily Login Rewards are LIVE! Check out the Design Notes here for all the details!
1.18.0 fixes and updates
- 20 more inventory slots have been added to everyone's main inventory!
- Added a push notification for the Daily Login reward.
- Fixed the Vampiric Visage so that it displays the proper colours now.
- Fixed the waypoint system for certain quest chains so that the Quest Tracker will now point to the correct location when moving through maps.
- Fixed an issue where cutscenes would play each time you entered an area; they should now only play once per game session.
- Fixed an issue where you could not see other players sitting when entering a new map.
1.17.0 fixes and updates
- Friends List limit has been increased!
- Fixed and issue with the Friends List where you could not add new Friends. We love friendship, for real.
- Fixed an issue where the targeting circle could be projected too far onto different surfaces.
- Fixed an issue where the soundtrack would not resume after watching a cinematic.
- Previewing pistol and gun weapons should now work properly.
- Items in shop now show their cost in the list view.
- Pets will now leave the map when their owner leaves. Don't leave them behind!
- Fixed an issue where certain telegraphs would appear too large.
1.16.0 fixes and updates
- Fixed multiple issues where Facebook login would not work.
- Fixed an issue where certain monsters with particles effects could not be targeted.
- Fixed an issue where casting animations would not display for characters other than your own.
- Fixed an issue where sitting would tilt the base camera slightly.
- Updated the targeting reticle to use the new projection system.
- Added more Setting options and fixes:
- FPS cap will now reapply properly on load.
- Added a setting to hide your own nameplate.
- Tweaked the "Auto Run to Target" feature.
- Particles should now still be created even if setting is set to Lowest.
- Target's floating name should now be bolded to indicate that it is targeted.
1.15.0 fixes and updates
- Fixed an issue with the castbar getting stuck while Fishing.
- Added a setting to display water at lower quality settings.
- Fixed some issues that were causing lag related to water rendering on lower end devices.
- Fixed some issues where Steam users could get a connection error when trying to log in.
- Fixed an error where using a Summon Word could give an error.
- Added telegraphs and projections for AoE spells.
- Added Pets.
- Added a feature where using / consuming an item can now give the player a Badge.
- Added some tweaks for Grass.
- Fixed an issue where a newly created character would always start as a Warrior regardless of what Class was actually chosen. We are not classists!
- Fixed an issue where AoE spells would sometimes not face the target correctly.
1.14.1 hotfix - 09/07/2018
- Fixed an issue where the player's main status/health bar could get hidden.
- Fixed an issue where some "ghost" type mobs would not load properly.
1.14 fixes and updates
- Unity version has been updated:
- This should fix an issue that caused "Sword in the Stone" to be difficult to target (as well as other NPCs in the game).
- Kickstarter Custom / Beta Weapon will now be displayed properly in Sanctuary.
- Fixed an issue that caused players switching between PTR and Live environments to get stuck while trying to load the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Settings menu could break if you logged out or got disconnected.
- The Main shortcut buttons (Travel, Inventory, Main Menu) are now toggles; you can click them again to go directly to those menus from any other menu as well as close the relevant window.
- Monster stats have been reverted back to normal.
- Initial support for Pets!
1.13 fixes and updates
- Brand new settings and options menu! There have been many more settings added now that allows the player to have more control over their performance as well as visual tweaks. Try them out and let us know!
- Several classes have had some of their abilities converted to AoEs (area of effect).
- Warrior - Sever
- Mage - Fireball (AoE on impact)
- Guardian - Dragon's Breath
- Fixed an issue where NPCs could get stuck in a cast animation.
- Fixed an issue with music volume getting reset upon changing maps.
- Fixed certain scenarios where a player could get stuck if they had their UI toggled off.
1.12. fixes and updates
- Fixed an issue on devices with ultra-wide screen resolutions; the game will now support fullscreen on these devices.
- Please keep in mind that these devices will still have a 'safe-area' where game elements are not allowed.
- Inspecting other players will now show their equipped items.
- Fixed a bug where partial stacks were not counting properly towards the total number of items needed to craft an item.
- The 3D compass arrow will no longer appear in the world.
- You will now be able to use the chat window while zoomed in to an NPC.
- The News will no longer spawn duplicates of itself when relogging. Read all about it!
- On character creation, the 'default' class will now be randomized, instead of always starting as Warrior by default.
1.11 fixes and updates
- Character creation has now been updated!
- Now includes the new starting class armors; fancy! All starting class armors (including the classic ones) are available at Faith inside the Class Trainers building in Battleon.
- New random name feature
- New randomize look feature
- Quest tracker compass is now in 3D! The new compass will now also indicate the distance towards your quest target.
- Fixed an issue with Summon Codes not working.
- The NPC description text is no longer for ants.
- Tweaked a few flow issues in the new intro to feel a bit smoother.
1.10.1 FIXES AND UPDATES
- Travel forms can now be previewed!
- Fixed an issue where mobs would become unresponsive in areas such as Dreadfool's Labyrinth.
- Mobile UI: there should no longer be a red X on the last equippable slot when trying to equip a usable item to a slot.
- Mobile UI: fixed an issue with the chat input bar being stuck.
- Mobile settings: Camera zoom setting is now disabled by default.
- PC settings: fixed some issues with rebinding hotkeys.
- Added some more fixes to help with those users who have been experiencing crashes in the game.
1.10 fixes and updates
- Unity 2018 upgrade - we have successfully* updated the game to Unity 2018! Please be on the look out for any issues and send in any reports to support.artix.com.
- We have been investigating the cause of an increase in crashes (on all platforms) for players and have been fixing as many of these crashes as we can. If you are still experiencing crashes, please contact support at support.artix.com with as many details as you can!
- *Probably some bugs still
- For Android users: AdventureQuest 3D now requires Android version 4.4 (Kit Kat) to play. Please update your OS in order to play the game.
- New UI updates!
- The main action bar has been made bigger by popular request!
- As a result, the chat window now gets moved up if it would overlap at certain game resolutions.
- The Friends List has received a few tweaks!
- Added a scroll bar to the Classes Panel
- New Settings!
- Added a "Grass" visibility setting - note: currently there are no maps which have grass yet, stay tuned!
- MOBILE ONLY: added an option to lock the joystick in place.
- MOBILE ONLY: added an option to disable auto-run on joystick double click.
- Fixed an issue where previews were not working on Android devices.
- The News button will no longer disappear when you switch maps.
- Combat related updates:
- The game will now only show other players' status effect icons on your target. Spells that only do damage / DoTs will not have their icon shown. This is to clear up some icon clutter on the target.
- Area of Effect abilities now deal 10% less damage or healing to their 2nd target, 20% less to their 3rd target, down to a minimum of 50% damage to their 6th or more targets.
- To compensate, AoE abilities have had their base power increased. The result should be that these spells do nearly the same or more damage to 3 or fewer targets, but less to a larger number of targets.
- Targets are damaged in order of highest aggro.
- Targets are healed in order of lowest percent health left.
- Whirlwind power: 90 -> 100
- Final Descent power: 275 -> 310
- Holy Shield damage reduction 35% -> 25%
- Divine Judgement power: 175 -> 200
- Guardian's Hope base power: 40 -> 55
- Soul Transfer: Souls on kill 10 -> 15
- Soul Siphon power: 70 -> 60 + Enhanced power: 90 -> 80
- Grand Summon taunt duration: 5s -> 3.5s
1.9.0 fixes and updates
- Brand New User Interface design!
- This update introduces custom hotkey slots (slots 6 - 10)!
- Only consumables / usable items / travel forms can be placed in these slots currently.
- Clicking on an empty hotkey slot will bring up the "Consumables / Usable Items" category of your inventory and will let you select an item to place in that slot. Right clicking one of these slots will also open up the same menu if you wish to replace an item in a slot.
- Many new graphical updates to the main hotbar as well as the main player plate!
- New multi-stack feature for stackable items:
- You may now have multiple stacks of the same item across your inventory and bank vaults. When the first stack of items becomes full, it will now create a new stack.
- UNIQUE ITEMS: in this patch, we have also introduced *unique* items. Unique items are unique across your main inventory and all bank vaults, meaning you may only have one of these items at any time.
- Currently this is applying to stackable Seasonal resource items. If you had multiple stacks of these items across your different bank vaults, these stacks have now been merged into a single stack (combined amount is applied). If this stack goes over the max stack size limit, you will not be able to obtain more of this item until the stack size goes below the max stack size. You will only be able to have a single stack of this item.
- A new icon will be shown over an NPC when you have an objective to "Talk" to them.
- You will now be able to target an entity at the same relative distance whether you are zoomed in or out.
- The general range of damage numbers has been decreased to be a more consistent number (you will no longer see as wide variations of damage numbers).
- Health and Mana potions can no longer crit.
- Health and Mana potions are no longer usable when at max Health / Resource.
- You can no longer use an XP Boost potion if you are at max level and max XP.
- Name and Title settings now save properly.
- Added a feature to automatically equip a "Default" weapon on the character if they had none or were somehow missing one (this is in preparation for the Pirate class which uses a new type of weapon).
1.8.8 fixes and updates
- Players will now be able to see all particles and spell effects from other players and monsters!
- New camera culling options:
- Culling options are linked to the Graphic Settings. Higher settings will set the culling distance to a higher distance (lets you see stuff farther away).
- The Graphic Settings will also adjust the amount of particles that are shown on screen at one time.
- Steam users will have their Graphic Setting set to 4 by default. If you are having performance issues after this update, please try lowering your Graphic Settings to see if it helps.
- Epic Kickstarter Backers and up have a new portrait frame available to them!
- Fixed an issue that caused players to spawn outside of the map in dungeons.
- The emotes menu should no longer overlap with other menus.
- Traveling or going to another player while sitting will now work properly.
1.8.7 fixes and updates
- Updated how Friend Travel, Party Go To and Summon Codes work:
- Using these methods of travel will now take you directly to the player who invited you or that you chose to travel to (this feature is disabled in certain maps).
- All previous restrictions are still in place, such as Party Dungeons requiring players to be in the same party etc.
- As an addition to this new feature, maps will now allow a certain number of players to go beyond the maximum number of users allowed. This overflow is reserved for players using the above methods of travel and summons. This means that it will now be easier to travel to a friend or party member and be in the same instance as them!
- This feature only works in World maps and not in Dungeons. Dungeons will always have a hard restriction on how many players may be allowed inside.
- An emotes quickmenu has been added!
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from being able to rotate your character in the Barbershop. Now you can spin to your heart's content!
- NPCs in Battleon can no longer defy gravity.
- Names and NPC bubbles should now be properly hidden in cutscenes.
- Fixed an issue where character customization options weren't being saved properly.
1.8.5-1.8.6 fixes and updates
- Emotes should be working properly again!
- Fixed an issue where names would show up in flythroughs and cinematics.
- Mobs that were stuck in lava in a reset loop will now properly move toward the player / NPC that has aggro.
- This should fix the issues that players were having in the Dragon's Lair maps as well as the Slabs Cavern map.
- Please let us know if you see any similar issues in other maps.
- Mobs were not always targeting the closest opponent; this should be fixed now (related to above issue as well).
- The toggle function to show or hide titles should now be saved properly
- Guest accounts will now be able to convert to Facebook Login via the game.
- Fixed some desync issues where damage to the player did not appear to apply immediately during Akriloth's fight.
1.8.4 fixes and updates
- Fixed an issue with the friends list which should now allow you to remove friends as well as travel to friends again.
- You can no longer move around while dead if you open the Settings menu while dead.
- Added a setting to toggle visibility of player titles.
- Floating names will no longer block clicks (such as click to move the camera)
- Fixed an issue where the game prevented you from looting an item before your inventory was actually full.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze while applying settings.
- Fixed a bug with stacking DoT effects (Mage Ice Spear and Rogue Poison).
- Mana / resources gained when using a mana potion should no longer be random.
- Fixed an issue where player movement could get disabled permanently in certain combat situations.
- Miscellaneous UI tweaks.
1.8.2-1.8.3 fixes and updates
- Dialogue and Cutscene loading process has been improved and overhauled. Players should hopefully see shorter loading times as well as fewer crashes when loading them!
- Targets will now be cleared properly when they die or despawn / disappear.
- Added a fallback to prevent the 'walking dead' issue; the proper events will now be triggered after a short while in case a player gets into this state.
- Fixed an issue where players could add themselves to your friend list.
- Friend Go To and Summon now requires both players to be friends.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Chat window to stop posting messages.
1.8.0 fixes and updates
- Paladin Class has been released for early access to those who are Legendary Kickstarter Backers!
- Class changes as noted in the 03/23/2018 Patch Notes are also now live!
- Chat tabs will now keep their own chat history.
- XP bar will now say "MAX LEVEL" when current max level has been reached.
- New glowy button effect on certain UI buttons!
- We are looking into the issue regarding General Chat being broken after a player switches servers.
- Players have been reporting issues with being able to create accounts; we are fixing this ASAP!
Happy Friday! Don't forget to check out the Design Notes for more details on what is in today's release!
- Akriloth Extreme Challenge:
- A few new recipes have been added to Senna as an additional method for acquiring some of the items. Be sure to check it out! (The original drops and drop rates still remain)
- Fixed some bugs that reappeared in Darkovia:
- Players should be able to gather Fountain Water again.
- Dimgrove exit portal should be working properly now.
- Class changes: *Oops! These will be available in the next Patch 1.8.0 which will be coming early next week!*
- Mages: damage of spells has increased slightly, while mana costs of spells have had their costs adjusted to fall in line with the other mana-using classes.
- Mana cost: 100 -> 80
- Power 100 -> 110
- Lightning Strike
- Ice Spear
- Mana cost: 150 -> 90
- DoT Power: 175 -> 200
- Meteor Volley
- Guardians: mana usage for this class was high, so we lowered the cost of a lot of the abilities.
- Guardian Strike
- Dragon's Breath
- Mana cost: 150 -> 90
- Cooldown: 10s -> 9s
- Guardian's Hope
- Mana cost: 200 -> 100
- Cooldown: 13s -> 12s
- Guardian Summon
- Resolute (Passive)
- Increased damage vs dragons: 10% -> 15%
1.7.9 FIXES AND UPDATES
- Fixed some issues with lag when switching Chat tabs between General and Party. More fixes regarding this feature will be forthcoming!
- Updated the filter tabs for Character Inventory:
- The "Equipped" Tab will now indicate if you have any slots unequipped; clicking on these will take you to their respective equipment tabs.
- Fixed an issue with some items showing up in the Customize / Barber Shop panel, as well as fixed the issue with the Under Guardian Belt causing the character to appear as a blue flame in the Customize panel.
- Legion Minion will no longer fall through the floor in the Underworld Gate.
- Maps that were scaled past the current cap will now award the proper gold/xp amounts.
- There can now be multiple "News" screens for new events!
- Jump movement has been altered slightly.
- Art and visual updates for inventory menu as well as item panels and tooltips. Purty!
- Fixed an issue where nameplates (both visible and invisible) could block player input and prevent them from moving the camera.
1.7.8 fixes and updates
- Fixed an issue which caused a delay in combat actions.
- If you are still seeing this issue, please try clearing your cache to see if it fixes it - otherwise please send in a bug report.
- Fixed an issue with system messages not saving to the chat window as well as the incorrect colours showing up / changing randomly.
- Travel menu options now unlock properly (you may need to walk to the maps again to see if they unlock)
- Updated the colours and look of titles slightly
03/06/2018: We are aware of the slowdown of combat that has appeared in this last patch. We are working on a fix for this ASAP! Please try clearing your cache to see if it alleviates the issue; otherwise thank you for your patience! Feel free to submit a bug with details about your device here: AQ3D Bug Tracker
1.7.7 fixes and updates
- Titles! Players may now choose to display a Title below their character's name. Choose the Title you wish to display by going in to the Settings menu. Titles can be unlocked in many different ways so keep your eyes peeled!
- The very spoopy Grim Reaper now makes an appearance in the Revive screen ooOoOoOoo
- Both /whisper and /tell now work (or /w and /t respectively).
- You can now also whisper someone by clicking on their portrait frame and choosing the drop down option.
- Ignoring someone will also ignore all invites from them.
- Crafting "Speed Up" option will no longer display on items with no crafting time.
- Price and Sellback tooltips will now only display on items in your inventory or inside a shop.
- Resources for abilities are now consumed at the start of the cast instead of on impact.
- PC: movement using LMB+RMB will no longer be blocked when you move your cursor over a floating name or other UI element.
- Chat Window now has a separate tab for Party Chat.
Ashfall Part III is now live! Head over to the Dragon Camp to continue the storyline!
This release includes a ton of new features that we've been working on so please check it out!
1.7.5 fixes and updates
- You can now select which portrait frame you wish to use (out of the ones which you have unlocked) via the Settings menu.
- Known issue: if you try to select your portrait frame from the Settings menu on the Character Select screen it will not work. Fix will be coming shortly.
- Fixed an issue where some NPCs in Ashfall were playing dialogues when they weren't supposed to be.
- Zone flythroughs should no longer play every time you enter the map.
- Fixed an issue with people being unable to click on Wes in Boog's Tavern for the quest "Return to the Tavern".
- Fixed a bug where targetting a mob would intermittently stop working.
1.7.4 fixes and updates
- The slash commands and chat will now be able to handle characters who have spaces in their names.
- This will work for all slash commands such as /whisper, /invite, /report, and /ignore
- To whisper to a player with a space in their name, you may use name name> your message here
- You may also now use /whisper (or /w) <name name> your message here
- The chat window will now allow you to use /s, /w, /r or /p to toggle between chat input modes (say, whisper, reply, party)
- The Classes menu has been updated.
- Fancy new Portrait Frames and nameplates!
- New look for the XP bar.
- Fixed an issue where the respawn sound effect was being played for all players in the room.
- Fixed an issue with dialogues on NPCs playing at the wrong time.
- Battleon Bank: for those of you who were having issues getting the rank 10 quest from Hootenheim, you will now be able to finish the quest!
1.7.2 fixes and updates
- Maximum number of Bank Vaults available has been increased from 10 to 30.
- Clicking on a Friendly NPC will now auto-move you to the NPC and interact with them. This feature is disabled while in combat, though you will still be able to target and click on the NPC.
- Fixed an issue with quests breaking if a dialogue or cutscene got interrupted.
- Mobs should no longer turn to face a random target when casting AoE spells.
- You can now click on a target's floating name to target them more easily (both players and NPCs / monsters).
- Fixed an issue with game resolution on iPhone X devices.
Welcome to the new year everybody! We have a lot of new stuff coming this year so make sure you stay tuned! Today's patch includes an exciting feature: Guest Logins! Guest Logins will allow your friends / family and new players to jump into the game right away and start playing!
A Guest will be able to create a character as normal and start playing the game immediately; however they will not be able to use chat, nor will they be able to make any purchases (like Guardian or DC packages).
Guest Login information is stored locally on the device. If you change to a different device, then you won't be able to access the same Guest account. Guest accounts are able to convert to a normal account by using a link inside the game. Players will be able to convert to an AQ3D login or a Facebook login.
*Important Note* If you are using a Guest Login and you choose the "Reset Settings" option, it will delete your locally saved guest login information. You will not have access to your Guest account anymore once this happens.
1.6.7 - 1.7.0 fixes and updates
- Gravity is now applied instantly, even if the player is not moving.
- The size of lootbags has been increased by 50%
- Floating combat text has been spaced out a bit more so that it does not overlap as much.
- Fixed an issue where the Dimgrove exit beam would not work.
- Fixed an issue where the pylon in Deepclaw Caverns could not be clicked on.
- Mobile users can now long press to see tooltips again.
- Fixed an issue where declining a party invite would put you in the party anyways.
- Sell prices are now listed in tooltips.
- Chat window has been tweaked to be a bit more legible.
- Fixed an issue with PMs not working.
- NPC panels will now take you to the most relevant panel for your character, based on what quests you have available or ready to turn in.
- XP will now roll over into the next level.
- Dungeon cell objectives are now broadcasted to the chat window.
- Travel forms now have a brief cooldown before they can be used again.
1.6.5 - 1.6.6 fixes and updates
- Removed loot eligibility threshold from monsters.
- This should fix the issue with the quests in Mine Pass as well as Rock Edge Mine.
- CC immunity has been removed by default from all mobs due to the diminishing returns system.
- Mana / resources no longer reset when switching maps.
- They will still reset when you switch equipment or classes.
- Fixed the backward "?" quest icon on NPCs.
- Fixed an issue with consecutive quests being turned in too quickly, which broke the NPC panel.
- Fixed an issue where Saga / Area quests would not clear properly when the final quest of the area was completed.
- Mobs are now a bit smarter about using ranged abilities.
- Mobs that have AoE spells will now be able to use them more effectively.
- Fixed a bug where using a promo code would duplicate all previous promo items in your inventory.
1.6.4 fixes and updates
- Added the new Dragon's Breath ability for real this time.
- Fixed some more issues with chairs and sitting. Very, very complicated! Still not fixed.
- Lowered mob runspeed slightly as well as improved their pathing animations slightly.
Happy Monday! This patch addresses some of the concerns that players have had regarding aggro and loot rights. Rabblefroth has been working on tweaking the system to help alleviate some of the issues that many of you may have been having. Let us know what you think of the changes, and definitely let us know if you guys find any bugs or other derpy monster behaviour!
1.6.3 fixes and updates
- LOOT SYSTEM UPDATE: the first player to attack a mob will always be eligible for loot. Other players who attack will be eligible for loot once the pass the 'threat threshold'. Loot right remains even after the player dies. Logging off or switching maps will remove you from loot eligibility.
- Players can now exit combat once they run far enough away from a mob.
- Aggro now decays during a fight to allow quicker changing of targets.
- This means that if you stop attacking / taking any action during a fight, other players who continue to attack will be able to grab aggro.
- Dragon's Breath now applies a debuff which forces the target to switch to the Guardian for the duration.
- oops this will be in Patch 1.6.4 which will be forthcoming
- Mobs should no longer instantly reset if an unreachable target (on a ledge / in a tree, etc) takes aggro.
- Status effects should no longer shuffle around when switching gear / classes.
- Fixed an issue with status effects getting reset when relogging.
- Opening and re-opening the Use Menu will now reflect the proper cooldown timer.
- Fixed an issue where customization options would not appear until the player relogged.
- Fixed some issues with chairs. Sitting is hard.
Darkovia has been discovered! Head over to the Design Notes to get all the details! You will be able to travel to Darkhurst via the Travel Menu, or by using the Travel Crystal in Battleon.
With the release of Darkovia Part I, the level cap has been raised to 18.
1.6.2 fixes and updates
- Mine Bombs are now working properly again in the Crystal Queen Spider encounter in Mine Pass
- The Infernal Portal to the Void Hall should now be working again, once you have acquired the Staff of Infernal Teleportation.
- Certain Travel Forms should now work as intended.
- Mobs should no long skip their death animation and should die properly.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would stop responding; triggered by certain combat events.
- Environmental Damage (lava, poison etc.) should no longer break.
- Poison Gas in Umbral Caves should be working again.
- Ability keys will now animate when pressing them via hotkeys.
- Added a visual notification for a queued spell. A spell can now be queued if activated close to the end of the Global Cooldown.
- Auto Attack key now highlights when active.
- Status Effects: your own effects are now indicated by a larger icon.
- Status Effects: effects that are at max stack size are now bolded.
- Status Effect icons should now clear properly from the character.
- The character stats panel should now update in real time.
- Sounds should now play properly when they are happening to an enemy that is already dead.
- Meteor Volley should now play a sound on every projectile.
- Casting bar no longer gets stuck if you transfer maps in the middle of casting.
- Casting bar no longer gets stuck if you change classes while casting.
PEW PEW! Welcome everyone to Build 1.6.0 - the Classes and Combat Overhaul Patch! We have a lot of changes coming so read ahead for the Patch Notes!
In this update we wanted to make combat feel more fun and exciting. We also wanted to give each of the starter classes a distinctive play style which would prepare players for upcoming classes. These updates will also set the foundation for us to start creating new classes. Yay!!
- Health and Mana potions now have a cooldown of 10 seconds before they can be used again.
- Monster runspeed in combat has been increased.
- The player can now move at the same speed in all directions. Including backwards!
- Players can now cast all spells while moving.
- Global Cooldown (GCD) has now been lowered to 1 second. The GCD is the time required before you may cast another ability.
- Revive Timer has been updated - the player will now Revive with 50% Health and 0 Resource. The Revive Timer has been lowered to 3 seconds in outdoor maps only. The Revive Timer remains the same inside Dungeons (10 seconds).
- Crowd Control (CC) abilities now have Diminishing Returns. CC abilities are abilities which include effects that slow movement or stun, etc. (More CC mechanics will be coming soon!) After 4 applications of a CC-type spell, the mob will become immune to that effect until combat ends (the mob dies, or resets). This will be indicated by an <immune> message. If a CC ability also does damage, the damage will still be applied.
- Damage over Time (DoT) spells are now affected by Armor.
- Players can now be Stunned by enemies.
- The player will no longer auto-run to a target when activating an ability if that ability is unable to be used (for example: not enough resource, or skill is still on cooldown)
- Auto Attack will now be toggled off when switching targets.
- A skill icon will now flash when the ability is ready to be cast.
- Skill tooltips now have additional info!
- New Buff and Debuff icons; you can also hover over these icons to see their effects now!
- Each Class now has its own Class icon, which is reflected in the player portrait window!
- Some Skills have new icons.
GENERAL CLASS CHANGES
Please keep in mind that much of this is still a work in progress and will likely be tweaked and updated as we move forward!
- All classes now have an ULTIMATE ABILITY which is unlocked through using abilities and dealing damage.
- All classes now use their own type of resource. Resource (previously Mana) bars have been updated to reflect this.
- All Classes now have their own Passive Ability / Effect.
- All new Classes Panel! This Panel will show all of a Classes' Skills, as well as their Passive Ability.
- New animations and particle effects and swooshies and explodeys (and fire) for almost every skill!
- Unique Class Trait: The Warrior does not use any resource of any kind.
- Sever: A quick, precise slash.
- Crushing Blow: A bone-crunchingly powerful swing of your weapon.
- Whirlwind: Slice at everything around you, cutting through enemy Armor.
- Earthbreaker: A massive attack that shatters rock and foes alike.
- Passive Ability: Weakness Exposed
- Every 5th spell does increased damage
- Applies a temporary Attack Buff to all allies (unique spell, cannot be stacked with others of the same type)
- Class resource: Mana
- Fireball: A huge blast of fire.
- Ice Spear: Launch a conjured lance of ice at your foe, dealing Frost damage over time.
- Effect: Frost (DoT)
- Effect: Slow (CC)
- Lightning Strike: Blast your enemy and Stun them briefly.
- Meteor Volley: Summon devastating meteors to annihilate your target.
- Passive Ability: Mana Spring
- Mana Regneration increases as Mana approaches 0.
- Class resource: Spirit
- Unique Class Trait: Auto Attacks generate 1 Poison stack. Poison stacks up to 8.
- Poison Strike: Apply several (4) stacks of Poison at once.
- Swift Kick: Surprise your foe, briefly Weakening their attacks.
- Scorpion Sting: Converts stacks of Poison to Heavy Poison.
- Effect: Heavy Poison (DoT)
- Venom Dance: Rapidly apply full Poison stacks and reset the cooldown of Scorpion Sting.
- Passive Ability: Agility
- Increase Cast Speed and Critical Hit Chance by 5%.
- Class resource: Mana
- Unique Class Trait: Abilities are boosted by Guardian Marks. Auto Attacks generate 1 Guardian Mark. Guardian Marks stack up to 10.
- Guardian Strike: A strike from the heavens. Gain 3 Guardian Marks.
- Dragon's Breath: Channel Dragonfire to incinerate your enemy, forcing the enemy to attack you. Damage increases with Guardian Marks.
- Effect: Full Taunt (instantly turns the enemy toward you)
- Guardian's Hope: Recover your Health, and Health of nearby allies. Heal increases with Guardian Marks. Heal amount is based on the Guardian's max Health.
- Guardian Summon: Summon the power of the Guardian Dragon to burn your enemies to cinders.
- Passive Ability: Bulwark
- Reduce all damage taken by 5%.
Happy Friday the 13th everyone!
For this release we have introduced our first WAR feature! We wanted to have a fun event for you guys on this occasion so we worked to get a pretty fun system up for you all to try! This is still a very early feature and there are still many more things that we would like to add, so stay tuned for future War-type events!
Camp Gonnagetcha (you can get there from Battleon) features two warring Cabins; do tasks for the side you want to win!
Players are able to do tasks for either Cabin at any time, so choose wisely! Turn in quests to fill up the meter for your Cabin! Players will also be able to collect Craft Badges to create items in Camp Gonnagetcha. Make sure you pay attention because some items are only available when the War reaches certain milestones!
NEW SEASONAL TAGGING SYSTEM
We have added a new feature which will tag an item with the year it was obtained. This only applies to SEASONAL items, which are items that get scheduled to reappear throughout the year, or otherwise.
Players will be able to see the year that an item was obtained in the item description panel.
Please be aware that items are only tagged when it goes into your inventory. Items being crafted will only get tagged WHEN THEY GET CLAIMED TO YOUR INVENTORY, and not when you clicked "Craft Item".
Items acquired through "Collections", such as the Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017, and Mogloween 2017 Collections will have all their items automatically tagged with the year that the Collection first became available, regardless of when a player adds it to their inventory.
1.5.7 - 1.5.8 fixes and updates
- 'Guardian Only' items will now show a fancy item icon frame in the item description panel.
- Updated many menu / dungeon screens to add a "requirements" field that will show you what requirements are needed (if any).
- Added a checkmark in the Quest Log and NPC Quest List to indicate which quests are ready to be turned in.
- Added Iron Berserker Belt recipe to Adventure Crafting shop on Cysero in Battleon.
- Added Giant Pearl back to Sneevils in Greenguard (this fixes the issue of some Class Trainer recipes being un-craftable)
- Players leaving the Intro area will now be teleported to Battleon again.
- Fixed a visual issue with levers and gates not working properly.
- Fixed an issue with newly created accounts / characters getting an "inventory is full" message.
- Fixed an issue with Facebook login.
- Fixed an issue on mobile devices where travelling across servers would load the PC / Steam interface.
1.5.6 fixes and updates
- Fixed an issue with levers in Shadowskull Tower and Nightlocke Crypt dungeons.
- Updated the quest "Bait and Switch".
- Adjusted monsters in the Void Hall.
- Fixed an issue with the Shadowguard Forge in Shadowguard Forest.
- Updated some chest spawns in Nightlock Crypt dungeons.
- New players will now travel directly to Greenguard from the Intro area.
1.5.1 fixes and updates
- Fixed an issue where maps could get merged together.
- Fixed an issue where you could spawn into the map at the wrong spot.
- This should fix the "spawning outside the map" as well as the "spawn and fall through the floor" bug.
- This should also fix the bug where spawning in a map would put you in combat or aggro a mob from inside the map.
- Fixed an issue where loot would not drop for your character which happened as a result of the map merging bug.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get "stuck" in combat mode from a mob that had already died or been leashed.
- Fixed an issue with Item Previews breaking on Android devices.
- The Quest Tracker will now point you to the closest mob that is needed for your tracked Quest.
- Updated almost (almost!) every quest from Heartwood to Ashfall pt. 1 with easier objectives as well as improved drop rates. This includes dungeon quests.
- Quest chains in Snevlyn Wilds, Whitaker Forest and Silverstone Mines can now be completed while inside the dungeon.
1.5.0 fixes and updates
A brand new Random Adventure has been added to Battleon's Travel Crystal! Cysero also has some new items that can be crafted with Battle Gems!
- A new Sound manager has been added to the game! This allows the game to load an ambient track AND a music track AND also load monster soundFX! Keep an eye ear out for new monster sound effects! RAWRRR!
- Added descriptions to all Guardian-craftable items.
- The Quest panel has been updated to now show you where to go for any particular step of the quest that you are on.
- Increased the size of the "Track Quest" checkbox.
- Added a "Lock Camera Zoom" option in Settings.
- Adjusted the slow fade in / out of the camera.
- Fix: inspecting a player will now show the correct amount of XP.
- Fix: missing textures in Guardian Tower.
1.4.9 fixes and updates
Please update the game via Steam or the Play Store / iTunes if you do not receive the update automatically.
- Fixed an issue with Facebook Login; players should be able to log in normally with their Facebook login again!
- Continued to update and fix a lot of monster stats; if there were some that felt super overpowered or broken, please check them out again! Let us know if you find any other monsters that seem unbalanced!
- Chat window size option now works on mobile.
- Some items have had their stats adjusted
- Fixed an issue with level difference bonuses not being applied properly.
- A few monsters have had their stats adjusted.
Welcome back to the Patch Notes everyone! Your friendly neighbourhood patch notes writer is now back after surviving the office-wide plague (for now).
We have some big changes that are coming with this update! Read on if you dare...
STATS UPDATE / OVERHAUL
Rabblefroth has been working diligently on updating and overhauling how stats work in the game. This reworking is the very first step that lays the foundation for the major combat updates, as well as classes updates that will be coming. It may feel rough, and it may not make sense until everything is in place; so please be patient and enjoy the ride! :)
The purpose of this overhaul is to remove some redundant stats as well as stats that may have felt too convoluted, complicated, or just not useful. Some changes will be fairly noticeable, while others may not seem too noticeable for now. I will try to shed as much light as I can on some of the changes that we've been making!
CHANGES TO STATS
- ALL PLAYER ATTACKS WILL NOW HIT BY DEFAULT (the skies open up and the heavens players rejoice).
- Haste has been added as a stat. Haste will affect cast speed, as well as the Global Cooldown (GCD).
- Defense has been renamed to Armor. Armor now gives straight damage absorption (as a percentage).
- Dodge has been renamed to Evasion.
- Crit Power has been removed from items.
- "Mana" as a stat is no longer available from items. Base mana has been increased to compensate. This is in preparation for the new classes, not all of which will use mana.
- Hit has been removed.
The secondary stats (Armor, Haste, Crit, Evasion) now use a RATING system. As you increase your rating in each of these stats, they will become more effective (ie. more damage absorbed, higher chance of crits, etc.)
As a result of these changes, all existing items in the game will now have updated stats. We have made these changes to help simplify (for the player AND for us) how gear will be created going forward, and to help players know what to expect when it comes to gear.
- Each slot of gear may now only have set stats available on them:
- Weapons: Attack - Health - Crit - Haste
- Armors*: Attack - Health - Armor - Crit - Evasion
- Helms: Attack - Health - Armor - Evasion
- Shoulders: Attack - Health - Armor - Crit
- Belts: Armor - Evasion - Haste
- Gloves: Attack - Health - Crit - Haste
- Boots: Armor - Evasion - Haste
- Back: Crit - Evasion - Haste
Each slot will give certain varying degrees of these stats, with some stats being more heavily favoured than others. For example, a Weapon will always be more heavily weighted in Attack power vs. a Helm (even though they both can have Attack on them). Items will be able to have any combination of these stats available on them, but they may not have ALL the stats on them (ex. all Armors do not necessarily have to have Attack and Health and Armor and Crit and Evasion, but these are just the stats that are possible on that piece of equipment).
Generally, the items should feel as powerful as before; though we are still in the process of tweaking them! The rarity of the items will now affect the maximum stats available on an item.
*Since Armors are now a slot that is expecting stats, we have added a level-appropriate Basic Armor to everyone's character.
Note: as a side effect of this change, the previous items that were geared towards certain "builds" will no longer be available for now. The stats of these items will be close to identical; we are still discussing what will be done with these extraneous items. That is not to say that build-centric items are not possible, but they will most likely be reintroduced later.
Summary: these changes have made the player more powerful, and getting awesome gear will now make you even more powerful!
CHANGES TO EXISTING CLASS SKILLS
- Vorpal Strike - damage increased
- Rending Cut - damage increased
- Whirlwind - AoE range decreased
- Fireball - damage reduced, cast speed increased, mana cost reduced
- Lightning Strike - mana cost increased
- Magic Shockwave - AoE range decreased, cooldown time reduced
- Poison Strike - damage increased, mana cost reduced
- Spin Kick - damage increased
- Stealth - duration increased
- Healing Strike - damage increased
XP CURVE UPDATES AND CHANGES
Zhoom and I have also been working on updating the XP curve, to help with the leveling experience. Our goal is to make the leveling process much quicker and hopefully a lot easier! This is the first step of the game overhaul which will include updates to many of the overworld maps as well as dungeons!
- Main Quests will now account for 70% of your level's total XP.
- Mob kills will now account for 30% of your level's total XP required.
- Increased the XP gained from mobs.
- All side quests and optional content are not calculated as part of this and will be bonus XP on top.
- Gold rewards for quests have also been tweaked; you should receive more gold from quests in the earlier part of the game now.
- We are in the process of tweaking the gold prices of crafts and items; stay tuned!
- Quests in Greenguard have been tweaked to be much quicker to get through.
- XP rewards have been increased
- Quest XP in Doomwood Forest and Bonecliffs has been increased.
- Mob levels in Doomwood Forest have been tweaked.
- Mob levels and equipment levels have been tweaked in Dragoncamp / Ashfall pt. 1
- New character panel
- This new panel will show the details for the new stats and also have tooltips as to what each stat does, as well as a lot of new information!
- New Level Up! animation. RAWR!
- New item panel will show updated comparison stats:
- It will now show: (Stat value on item) (+/- change from current value)
- Chat Window: you can now change the size of the chat window (via the Settings)
1.4.7 fixes and updates
- Fixed the Poisonous Gas in Umbral Caves dungeon.
- Fixed an issue with chest spawns in dungeons.
- Fixed an issue with levers and other clickables in dungeons.
- Added a "Reset Preferences" option in the main login screen. Using this option will clear all user saved preferences such as Saved Password, Ignore List, etc. If you are having problems logging in, clearing these preferences may help.
- Players should no longer revive before getting moved to the spawn point.
- Mobile: you can now pinch to zoom in / out!
- Popups and quest notifications should no longer overlap on the screen.
- Camera rotation should now be a more consistent speed.
- Projectiles will no longer break if the animation gets interrupted.
- Monster names will now only turn grey when they actually die / play their death animation.
- Tweaked the NPC floating name colours.
- Cosmetic items will now be labeled as such.
- Fixed an issue with quest progress getting reset. YAY!!
- Senna's Bun buff will now persist through death (for real).
- Fixed an issue with buff icons disappearing when they should not have.
- Fixed an issue with Galanoth in Ashfall not allowing quests to be turned in.
- Fixed "Shattered Seals" quest in Nightlocke Crypts.
- Guardian Book signing cutscene will no longer crash on mobile devices.
1.4.1 FIXES AND UPDATES
A new floating names feature has been added! This will allow you to see the names, as well as reactions of NPCs and mobs at a glance. This option can be turned on or off in the Settings. *note: NPCs and mobs that were previously blue or green have had their colours switched.
- Red names = aggressive
- Orange names = neutral (won't attack you until you attack it)
- Green names = friendly (they will help if they see you fighting!)
- Blue names = passive (won't do anything ever!)
Player names have retained their colours. Here is a reminder of what player colours mean:
- Gold = developer and/or admin
- Green = moderator
- Blue = tester
- Teal = whitehat
- Lidra's dialogue has now been fixed! You will now be able to view the Wayker's Root dialogue.
- The teleporter crystal to Battleon in the intro should now be working again.
- Travel Forms will no longer get stuck. Trying to cast a spell while in a Travel Form will now immediately cancel the Travel Form without attempting to cast the spell.
- Added an option in the Settings menu to adjust the camera shakes.
- /clear will now clear your chat log.
- Chests will no longer be a blue flame on iOS devices!
- Fixed an issue with clickies in the Guardian Tower.
- Fixed an issue with Sally and Grampy's cutscene not playing on first login.
- If trying to send a whisper to a player who has whispers blocked, it will now properly return their name, instead of your own.
Patch 1.4.0 is here! This update includes lots of new features so keep reading for all the details!
The long awaited Party System is now available! With this new feature, players will now be able to form a party with other players. There is a new player context menu which you can access by clicking on a player's nameplate once you have them targetted. To form a Party, click on a player and then click on their name and choose "Invite Party" from the player option menu.
- Party size limit is 5 players.
- The first player to create the group will be the Party Leader; the Party Leader is the only player who is able to invite other players to the party.
- The Party Leader may also promote another party member by using the Promote Leader option.
- You will be able to chat with your Party by using /p or /party
- You can use the following commands with the party system: /partyinvite, /partykick (Leader only), /partypromote (Leader only) and /leaveparty
- You can travel to a Party Member by clicking their name and choosing the "Go to" option (only works if the Party Member is in a different map). Travelling to a Party Member will still follow the map limitations; for example if the map is full, you will not be able to join your Party Member (we are working on a solution for this soon!). If you do not meet the requirements of the map that your Party Member is in, you will not be able to join your Party Member.
With the new Party System in place, Dungeons will now have more options!
- PUBLIC DUNGEON
- This is a dungeon that works similar to the old system; joining this dungeon will remove you from any previous Party that you are in and place you into a special dungeon-only Party.
- Any player can join a Public Dungeon and you will automatically be placed into the Party with other players in the same Public Dungeon.
- Public Dungeon Parties do not have a Leader.
- Once you leave the Public Dungeon, you will be removed from the Party.
- If you leave the Public Dungeon Party then you will be teleported out of the Public Dungeon.
- PRIVATE / PARTY DUNGEON
- Entering a Private or Party Dungeon will lock the Dungeon to yourself and your Party members only.
- You may invite other players to join your Party while inside a Private / Party Dungeon.
- Only players who are in your Party may enter your Private / Party Dungeon.
- Private / Party Dungeons still follow the size limit rule of the Dungeon, so if your Party size is larger than the Dungeon size, the remaining players will have to leave the Party or join a different Dungeon.
- Leaving or getting kicked from a Party while in a Private / Party Dungeon will teleport you out of the Dungeon.
You will now be able to equip items as a Cosmetic or Costume item! When you select an item from your Inventory you will now have the option of equipping it normally (Equip) or equipping it as a Cosmetic item (Costume). There will be a new icon next to an item which is equipped as a Cosmetic item.
Items equipped as Cosmetic will not give any stats.
You may equip an item as Cosmetic without have any real item equipped in that slot (except for your weapon).
Items equipped in a slot will show up as they normally would if you do not have a Cosmetic item equipped in that slot.
Combat has received a few brand new tweaks! This is the first round of many fixes that we will be doing to make combat feel a lot better, and as a result these will mostly seem like visual updates (don't be fooled, both Korin and Rabblefroth have done a ton of work behind the scenes in order to make these updates!).
There are new AutoAttack animations as well as a new screen shake effect to make impacts feel more.... uh... impactful!
Player and monster health bars and mana bars will now animate when being depleted or replenished. Skill icons will now indicate whether or not you have enough mana to cast them (they will be tinted blue if you do not have the required mana).
You can also move around while doing skills and animations will no longer break!.... as much! Backpedaling should now also be faster than before!
As a result of these animation changes; you will notice some updates to many monsters... you will just have to find out for yourselves! :)
Quests will now be able to point you towards the correct NPC as well as towards your objective! Currently this feature is only available in Ashfall Pt.1.
You will see an indicator over an NPCs head as well as a zone marker if your objective is in a different map. The compass will also point you towards these waypoints! Shiny!
NEW UI UPDATES
Charfade has been working hard on making updates to the UI! Right now the changes mostly consist of new icons, but stay tuned!
1.4.0 fixes and updates
- BANK BUG: we have tracked down one of the ways that player inventories could get glitched and fixed an issue with items in the bank and inventory being displayed incorrectly. If this is still happening, please report the issue to the Bug Tracker (http://bugs.artix.com)
- As a result of the new Party system, Valek Challenge is now a 5 player dungeon (down from 10).
- A quest that has been tracked will remain tracked even after logging out.
- Dungeon objectives will now be broadcast to the chat window.
- Fixed an issue with some weapon textures displaying incorrectly.
- You can now click on a target from 50% farther away. *clicks*
- Your character will now turn towards the target at the start of a skill, rather than at the end.
- Using "Enter" and "/" will now work more reliably to put the chat bar into focus. o more skipping the first letter of your sentences!
- Senna's Buns and Dark Slice of Cake buffs will now persist through death.
- Mouse cursor will now stay inside the game window when moving the camera!
- You can no longer interact with an NPC if you are in combat.
- MOBILE: the character notification popup icon (when you get a request) is now clickable.
- MOBILE: due to an issue with the Depth of Field setting causing crashes, the setting has been temporarily disabled on mobile devices.
- DELETING A CHARACTER WILL NOW PROMPT YOU TO TYPE 'DELETE'.
- Added a "Report Bug" button to the main menu.
The gates to the Underworld have been opened! Head to Battleon to find the Apostle who will send you to the dark depths.
- This is a scaling map. All players will be set to level 10. You will retain your relative stats from your REAL level.
- 3 player map.
- The Underworld Coffers will soon run dry! The Dark Forges are growing cold and will no longer be able to produce as much gold in a few days!
Fixes and updates - 1.3.4
- Lighting issues on some weapons has been fixed.
- Some stats on Shadowskull equipment have been adjusted to be more in line with the gear acquired in Ashfall.
- Some Scale Slayer items have had their stats boosted.
- An issue with certain shaders on mobile devices has been fixed; Guardians in the Guardian Tower finally have FACES!
- Gaz no longer has Boreal Robes nor Coal in stock since it is no longer winter in Battleon! Gaz will be sure to have these items available again next season!
Ashfall has been discovered! Travel to Ashfall by finding the path within the Bonecliffs (or use the convenient Travel menu option).
These new areas are for levels 14 and 15 and players will find all new monsters and crafting materials here. As a result of these new areas, the level cap has been raised to 16! Quest rewards in this region have also been adjusted as a result. Happy levelling!
Some new features which have been added along side Ashfall:
- Certain quests, which we have deemed Saga Quests can now be tracked through multiple maps!
- Updated the look of the Quest compass! Pointy!
- New glowy indicators for travelling between maps. There is now a popup that will tell you the name of the area that you will be travelling to before you transfer to the new area.
- All NPCs will now have an icon above their head which properly indicates their status! You will now see (...) over an NPC which you can speak to and ( ! ) over an NPC which actively has a quest for you.
- There are many other changes which will help questing feel a lot smoother now!
- ...And many more new / secret things for players to find!
1.3.3 - 1.3.4 Fixes and updates
*Known issue on iOS: Previewing items may result in the game interface disappearing. Players will need to relaunch the game in order to keep playing- this issue seems to be happening in the main Dragonslayer Camp area.
- New icons!
- The amount of displayed gold will now update properly when crafting an item.
- There is now a confirmation window when abandoning a quest.
- Fixes made to the "quest compass" which will allow it to work better.
- Fixes made to the player camera to stop issues with it colliding with certain triggers.
- The Summon Friend and Summon Word feature should work a lot better now; the summon will no longer force you to log out when travelling. If an invalid Word has been generated, then the game will now give you a new one instead of just exploding!
- The music in cinematic cutscenes will now always play, regardless of your music setting in-game.
- Game settings will now save to disk when you click "Apply"
- Fixed an issue with the camera falling out of the world in the Guardian Tower.
- Heartwood: fixed an issue with flowers sparkling when you were not on the quest.
- Livingstone: fixed an issue with Pebblar Eggs.
- Fixed an issue where choosing the "Buy Now" option in a crafting shop would produce an infinite loading screen.
- Added a check to prevent items in the bank from being equipped.
- You can no longer bypass the server login check by remaining at the Character Select screen.
0/1/05/2017 - 1.2.1
Hotfix: fixed the issue with stackable items in the Bank and Inventory
*note* for those of you playing on iOS devices, your game may not be updated until Apple approves the new build.
01/05/2017 - 1.2.0 *NEW YEAR!*
Happy 2017 everyone! Here's to another year of awesomeness! This patch introduces something that many players have been waiting for: THE BANK! *cheers*
How it works: you store stuff in it. Win!
- You can access the Bank at the new Bank building inside Battleon. It is located where the old Apothecary shop used to be.
- All players will receive one bank vault for free. Additional bank vaults will cost 900 DC. You may have seven total bank vaults.
- The size of your bank vault is dependent on which upgrade package you have:
- Regular player = 30 slots per bank vault.
- Guardian player = 40 slots per bank vault.
- Collector's Guardian player = 50 slots per bank vault.
- For STACKABLE items, you make have one full stack per bank vault, as well as one in your main inventory.
- example: you may have a stack of 999 health potions in bank vault 1, as well as one in bank vaults 2 - 7, and one in your inventory. However you will not be able to have multiple stacks in any of those. You may move partial stacks around and they will merge up to one full sized stack.
- ADDENDUM: currently there are still a few bugs with stackable items. There are two bugs still outstanding at this time:
- 1 single item will not stack with another single item (in a stack)
- You cannot merge a partial stack from your inventory into a partial stack that is in the bank, however, you may move a partial stack from the bank and merge it into a partial stack in your main inventory.
- It will only merge inside the bank if the partial stack within the bank is a single item
Other patch notes:
- Introducing target highlighting! Your current target will now be highlighted with an outline to make it more apparent that you have something targetted. You can toggle this setting on or off in the Settings menu.
- Fix: the Friends List will now show the correct level of your friends.
- Quest text and NPC text font has been changed.
12/14/2016 - 1.1.0
Frostval is here! It's a snow day for everyone in Battleon! Head over to Blizzy to see what's in store for you. There will be lots of new crafting recipes to complete and bosses to defeat!
- Frostval Labyrinth and Yettun Cave will be level 5 dungeons. All players will be scaled to level 5, and the party size for this dungeon is 3 players.
- Epic Yettun Cave will be locked to players level 13 and above, for a party size of 5.
- None of these instances will require a Dungeon Key! *cheers*
Other Patch Notes:
- Quest system makeover! There have been a few changes to the quest interface, including the ability to track a quest as soon as you accept it! Yay! Other updates include more notifications for when you have quests ready to be turned in, as well as when you have a new quest available.
- Stat comparison tool to see how a new item compares to your currently equipped one. This tool will compare the stats of the item you have selected with your currently equipped item of the same type. For example if you have Gloves selected, it will compare those stats to your currently equipped Gloves. Red numbers denote a stat value that is less than your currently equipped item, while green numbers denote a higher stat value.
- New NPC overhead icon which differentiates those who have quests and those who do not (...) icon
- Tooltips will now appear for crafting materials in the Crafting Recipe window if you hover over them.
- Falling through the floor will now trigger a respawn after a few seconds. Splat.
- Keyboard support has been added for those devices which use the Mobile UI, such as laptops with touch screens.
- Scaling functionality for maps, which we have used in this latest Frostval update!
- Note: your stats will be scaled according to your stats at your real level. Relative power between stats should be preserved when your character gets scaled, ex. if your character has a "tanky" build, your "tankiness" should be preserved when scaled.
- *Important* the stats you get when scaled are relative to what your stats are at your REAL level. If your real level is 15 and you are wearing poor gear for your level (15), when you get scaled then your stats will still be poor. Always make sure you are wearing the best gear for your REAL level.
- Exp and gold rewards are based off your real level.
11/16/2016 - 1.0.4
**11/18/2016 update: For those players on Mac who were having issues loading in to Battleon (Map asset could not be loaded), we have fixed this error for you now! Please use the "Clear Cache" button at the login screen!
The Egg-le has landed! Today's update introduces a brand new map: Barrow Drop!
You can find this new area in the Barrow Point lobby area off of Greenguard.
- Barrow Drop: a 1 player adventure for players around level 8 and up.
- Barrow Drop Challenge: a multiplayer map designed for players level 13 and up.
- *Note, this map will require players to be level 13 and have completed the quest line in Barrow Drop to enter.
- Spectral South Wing is now limited to players level 12 and up.
- Shadowskull Tower is now limited to players level 13 and up.
- The experience needed to go from 14 to 15 now matches the normal experience curve.
- Those players who have achieved level 15 before Patch 1.0.4 will receive the Wrap of Determination as well as the Determination badge.
- Those players who have accumulated enough experience within the old experience curve to reach level 15 with the new update will receive the Wrap of Determination.
- Added some fixes to prevent players from jumping over gates to reach certain portals in dungeons. For real this time and we totally didn't forget to push the fix to Live last time. Nope.
- *Fixed an issue with Angered Acevorah not dropping the correct items.
Some notes on current issues:
Thank you all for submitting your bugs and reports! I just wanted to acknowledge that we do indeed see all of your reports and are actively working on fixing them. We know that a lot of people are having issues with dungeons- falling through the floor and portals is a big one. If your issue happens while falling after entering a portal, please try walking through portals without jumping or moving sideways / strafing and see if it happens less often.
If you are going to submit a bug about this issue, please include exactly WHEN it happens (walking around normally, going through a portal, etc.) and as much information about WHERE it happened as well.
*note, DragonSlayer class is not being released in this patch.
11/15/2016 - 1.0.4
*please close and restart your game to see these changes!
- Added the ability to Toggle the UI on or off
- Default key for this is Numpad 0
- Added a hotkey to open the Use Menu
- Default key for this is U
- You now have the ability to enable or disable friend invites in the Settings Menu
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from going Fullscreen Mode
- Some minor fixes that will hopefully help with intermittent connection problems that some people have been having; please keep sending in reports if you are having connection issues!
- Fixed a UI issue with displaying crafting materials.
- Level restriction functionality has been added; we will be using this feature in future content releases.
- Devs will now have the ability to design dungeons with variable key costs; we will be using this feature in future content releases.
11/09/2016 - 1.0.3
Mogloween is almost gone! While morning has already come in Battleon, you can still access the Haunted Manor and Spooky Battleon by clicking on the Event Crystal inside town!
On to the Patch Notes!
- PC INTERFACE
- This is a preliminary test of the PC-friendly interface; we are hoping that this will make the gameplay experience much better for those users playing on Steam! This is still very much a work in progress so stay tuned as we keep polishing it up! We are predicting that elements may continue to be shifted around, buttons will probably get moved, buttons and bars will probably also change how they look!
- Currently there are no new functionalities with regards to the interface.
- KEYBINDINGS and CAMERA SETTINGS
- In relation to the new PC-friendly interface, we've added the ability to customize your keybinds! You'll find this option in the new Settings Menu.
- Currently not all keys are bindable and combination keypresses are not available.
- You can now adjust the Field of View (FoV) as well as the Camera Zoom and Camera Sensitivity settings.
- SUMMON WORD and JOINING FRIENDS
- We have fixed issues related to Summoning and Joining your friends; you should be able to reliably use the summons to get to where you friends are now! Happy adventuring! *note: map player limits are still affecting this ability
- The broken portal in Snevelyn Wilds has been fixed. Now you can all travel through!
- Small Health Potion and Small Mana Potion can now stack up to 999. *hic*
- Umbral Caves: an issue related to the Poisonous Gas room has been fixed.
- Mobile Fix: fixed an issue that caused cutscenes / dialogues to get stuck trying to load.
- Item mouseovers should no longer be covered by the Inventory Panel / Use Menu.
- Added some fixes to prevent players from jumping over gates to reach certain portals in dungeons.
- Fixed somehow without Zhoom needing to do anything: game should no longer crash when using the "Exit Game" button!
10/28/2016 - 1.0.1
Hope everyone has been having fun with the Mogloween release! Here are some brief notes on some changes and fixes that we've made since Open Beta and Mogloween has launched:
We know that many players have been experiencing some difficulties in the new Haunted Manor dungeons (and dungeons in general); some of these issues will take a bit more work to fix, but in the meantime we have been looking in to the problem of players falling out of the map. Yergen has tried his best to fix what he thinks may be the problem, so we are hoping that all the holes in the floors are patched up now! Please let us know if the issue keeps happening!
On a related note, because of these issues we will be giving everyone an additional 100 FREE DUNGEON KEYS!* Happy dungeoneering!
Zhoom is also busy trying to work out connection issues that players have been having; to this effect, some more status messages have been added to the game to help players track down exactly what error they are getting. Please include these in your reports if you are having connection issues!
Now for the Patch Notes:
- The Guardian Blade has been added back to Guardian Alister outside of the Guardian Tower. You may also purchase any of the Guardian / Kickstarter Guardian / Collector's Edition Guardian items from Fortes inside the Guardian Tower now (stop deleting your Guardian Blades, guys! :P).
- Pumpkin Seeds will now stack up to 100.
- The camera distance that you have set will no longer reset when you switch maps.
- Fixed some issues with hair clipping in dialogue sequences.
- Music volumes are now set to 50% by default.
*only characters that were playing / created before this patch (October 28th, 2016) will receive the keys.
10/19/2016 - 1.0.0
Welcome everyone to OPEN BETA! *cheers* *screams* *crying in the background*
We are excited to introduce some new features to the game for the opening of this phase.
You now have the ability to add other players as friends! The Friends List will be accessible through the Main Menu in the "Friends" option.
To add a Friend, you will need to select the player you wish to add and then click on their nameplate. This will bring up the option to "Invite Friend". Once you have sent your friend request, the other player will receive a notification that you wish to be Friends. Notifications for friend requests will appear as a small icon next to the chat window.
Once you have added a Friend to your Friends List, you will be able to see if they are online and which server they are currently on. You will also be able to Invite them to travel to you, and also have the option to travel to them! This feature will even work if you are on different servers! If you have invited a Friend or they have invited you, a notification will appear next to the chat window. Clicking the notification will bring up a confirmation window.
You will also be able to Remove a Friend from the Friend List.
If your Friend deletes their character, you will need to add them again.
You may add up to 30 players to your Friends List.
With the addition of the Friends List, you now have the ability to send a /tell or /whisper to another player. Simply use /tell PlayerName to send a message (/t, /whisper, /w also work). You can reply to the last message you got by using /reply or /r
You may also use PlayerName > to send a message. If a player has a space in their name, then you will have to use this method: Player Name > to send your message.
There is also a new option in the Settings to allow or block ALL whispers.
The Guardian Tower is now available for those players who have upgraded to Guardian! The Tower is located in Battleon. Inside you will find new quests and gear for your newly Sworn Guardian!
OVERHAUL OF INTRODUCTORY AREA
A brand new quest line has been written for the Introductory area! Included are additional quests, a certain ebil individual, and new gear to help a new player get started on their journey. *MWEHEH*
You will notice that cutscenes have a totally new look and feel to them!
The Barber Shop inside Battleon is finally open! Head over to the shop for a shave and a cut for a mere 500 gold *snip snip*
The menacing tower looming over Shadowskull Bridge has finally been breached! Head inside to find Artix and discover what dark power is contained within. Bring your strongest gear and some friends and fight your way to the top!
There have also been a few changes made that affect other areas of the game. The process of crafting items should now feel more streamlined. This will affect crafting in both outside maps and dungeons.
Dungeons have also been tweaked to feel a bit more fluid and more rewarding.
And now on to the super vague, inaccurate, boring, non-informative Patch Notes (you can stop reading here):
- Sell window should now correctly display the proper currency for selling (it will now always display gold).
- Updated notifications for when a Quest is ready to turn in! Shiny!
- MOBILE FIX: Revive button has had its position adjusted so that it should no longer be blocked by the left thumbstick.
- A shop for those who participated in the Closed Beta phase has been added to Melodia in Yulgar's Inn.
- New items are available on Robina's Shop in Greenguard.
- An "Upgrades" button has been added to the Main Menu.
- Paid Name Change service is available at http://account.aq3d.com/ for 900 Dragon Crystals.
- One additional recipe has been added to the Caves of Unrest in Doomwood Forest.
- The fountain in Battleon has had some plumbing work done!
- Target circle colours have been slightly adjusted: hostile mobs will now have a red ring around them, neutral mobs will have an orange ring. All mobs which are currently in combat will have a red ring around them.
- Loading screen tips have been added!
- 1 -> 1.3
0.0.85 - 08/26/2016
- Title Screen has been updated!
- The maximum number of players in Battleon has been lowered to 10.
0.0.84 - 08/17/2016
- CLEAR CACHE button has been added to the Options menu on the Title Screen. Use with caution and only when you are experiencing problems with the game!
- Added a Back button to all screens during the login / create character process.
- Framerate fixes:
- Graphics Setting 1 is now capped at 30 fps.
- Settings 2 and 3 halve your framerate to half your display's refresh rate so many people will see lower than 60 fps (usually 30 fps) on those settings.
0.0.83 - 08/15/2016
- All light maps for zones have been updated to work in Unity 5.4! Please let us know if you find any issues.
- GCD (global cooldown) is now triggered at the start of a cast, instead of at the end.
- This will mostly affect Mages, and will make Mages feel more streamlined.
- This fix should also prevent issues with skills getting "stuck" in cooldown mode (skill button is greyed out).
- Shadow Wolf and Elite Guardian Rider travel form transformations are no longer spammable.
- Chat filter has been updated (still a work in progress!)
- Inventory hotkey has been changed from "B" to "I".
- Fixed a bug affecting potion boosts from not applying properly / disappearing.
- The upgrade to Unity 5.4 should fix the issue with uncapped framerates while the game is minimized and causing issues with GPU overworking / overheating.
- Stat curve for the low-mid levels has been fixed.
0.0.82 - 08/08/2016
- Auto Attacks have received a slight damage boost.
- You will now see bigger numbers across the board as far as stats / damage etc. however the overall power curve has remained the same.
- Level difference penalty now only works one way: mobs above your level receive a bonus to hit / damage; however players will not receive this bonus when they are over a monster’s level (etc. no more infinite dodges if you are +3 levels above a monster).
- Level difference penalty now begins at +2 level difference, as opposed to +1.
0.0.82 - 08/05/2016
- The new Elite Guardian Rider travel form has arrived! Find it in the Collector's Guardian Shop in Battleon! YEEHAW!
- Lights in Yulgar's Inn have been adjusted slightly.
- Issues with portals breaking in Barrow Pass dungeon have been fixed.
0.0.81 - 08/04/2016
- Shadow Wolf transformation now moves at the correct speed.
- Corrected an issue with the XP and Gold Boost buffs. *coughs*
- Updated the stats on: Guardian Sword, Lava Fists, Driftwood Staff, Wayker's Root Staff, Nightlocke War Staff
0.0.80 - 07/26/2016
Welcome to patch 0.0.80! We are now officially in Closed Beta! (once the servers are back up!) *cheers*
There are tons of new changes and updates that we are super excited for you all to try. Here's a brief overview of the things that we have been working on:
Dungeons everywhere!! For those players who love dungeon crawling, we have added many more dungeons spread all over the existing overworld maps. Make sure you explore and find them all! They may or may not prove quite a challenge! We will continue to update and tweak these zones as Closed Beta progresses; we're looking forward to your feedback! *Please note, we are still in the process of re-itemizing the Treasure Chests which appear in the dungeons, so stay tuned for some new goodies that may be appearing (or reappearing!) in those.
Items and loot!.. and things! As you explore and begin your questing adventure; you may notice that there is something different about how you acquire items now. We've been working on a system which will allow players to make their own items using materials that they find while questing and killing monsters. (If you've been playing in Umbral Caves then you will be familiar with this system!) We've also given players some choices as to what type of items they would like to create; allowing you to tailor your stats to the play style of your choosing!
As a result of this new system; many items which were previously in the game are currently not available (until I can revisit them). Some shops will be empty for the time being while we add and re-add items that will be updated. Also, players may find that the versions of the items they had have now been replaced with updated versions that must be re-acquired.
We hope you'll have fun working together to find all the things you'll need to craft; as well as look forward to any feedback you have about the system! As a side note, Guardian and Kickstarter players will have no problems collecting all the things needed for crafting thanks to the expanded inventory size granted by those upgrades!
Experience / Gold / Stats changes! The level cap has now officially been raised to 15! Ding! With the raising of the level cap, we have also adjusted the amount of experience needed for leveling. Make sure you take advantage of the new dungeons to help you along in your journey!
Along with the experience changes; gold acquisition has been adjusted as well. You will find less gold out in the world now, and most of the gold and drops you find will be used for making items.
Stats in general have been streamlined a bit more - one major change is that monsters will now be closer in strength to the player when at the same level. As always, we will continue to tweak things (everything!) as we move closer to Open Beta.
And now back to your regularly scheduled Patch Notes! -oishii
- Changes to Mage abilities:
- Fireball now costs 25% of base mana.
- Lightning Strike cooldown increased to 10 seconds.
- Magic Shockwave mana cost reduced to 20% base mana.
- Mana Shield cost has been reduced to 15% base mana, and the duration increased to 10 seconds.
- Yulgar's Inn and Cysero's Forge have received new lights!
- Small Health Potion and Small Mana Potion can now stack up to 99 *glug glug*
- If you try to loot a stack of items, it will now take as many as it can to fill up your current stack of the same item (instead of not allowing you to pick any up at all).
- Removed the quest "Sticky Trade" from Yulgar - replaced with a new quest which will appear after you complete the Intro quest chain.
- Horn of Generosity now costs 5000 gold.
- You can no longer get updates for Auto-Quests if you are not in the map required for the Auto-Quest.
- Small Health Potion and Small Mana Potion now heal 30%; up from 15%.
- Reduced the kills needed in "Test of Might" quest from 10 to 5.
- You can now double click / double tap a monster to begin combat.
- (?) NPC bubbles are now green instead of red.
- Stack size numbers will now update correctly in the Use menu.
- UI fixes for when you are disconnected or logged out; the Revive button should no longer stay on the screen!
- You can no longer travel while dead or in combat.
- Revive button has been moved.
- The "Travel" button in the Quest panel will now take you to the map where the quest is handed in at.
- The (!) icon over an NPC will now change to (?) when a quest is ready to be turned in. !!!!!!!!!!!
- Outdoor bosses have now become more wary of adventurers!
- Defense cap has been added (+50% of expected level stat).
- Deleting a stack of items now deletes the full stack.
- Potions Shop added to the Main Menu.
- Brief XP Boost and Brief Gold Boost now correctly apply their boosts. Duration has been increased to 20mins.
- You can now double click / double tap an item to open the Preview panel for that item.
- Level difference penalty has been increased to 5; from 10.
0.0.76 - 06/30/2015
- The client will now clear the data cache upon logging out / exiting the game.
- Settings and Options menu is now available from the Title Screen.
- Music and Sound sliders have also been added.
- Crafting button has been added to the Main Menu; this button will show all the current items you are currently crafting. You will also be able to claim any items that are completed from this menu (you will not need to return to the NPC).
- UI fixes:
- No more random inventory shuffling. Yay!
- Fixed an issue where checkmarks were not appearing next to equipped items.
- Buy / Sell slider added for stackable items.
- All players are now hidden when zoomed in to an NPC.
- Current XP and XP needed to level is now shown in the player info panel.
0.0.76 - 06/22/2016
- You may need to restart Steam to see all of the changes.
- There have been some updates to how the Line of Sight system works; we noticed that there were some issues in Umbral Caves, especially regarding the Mini Spiders
- There will also be a warning message displayed when you are not within Line of Sight anymore.
- One of the rooms inside Umbral Caves has been modified slightly to indicate better the objective of the room.
- Lidra will now only show a "Quests" option when she has quests available to you; this will helpfully alleviate some confusion players had when first going to Umbral Caves.
- Shadow Wolf effects will no longer play for every transformed player on a map when you first enter the map. No more poofs!
- An issue with text overlapping in the "Crafting" panels has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where certain items would not appear in the Preview window whaaaaatt???
- Chitin Piercer and Exoblade have had their stats adjusted.
- A new dungeon is available for players level 10+: Umbral Caves!
- Look for Lidra in Doomwood Graveyard - she and her family gather medicinal herbs from a cave near the Bridge; look for her near a large cave entrance!
- This dungeon is for 3 players.
- Note: there is currently no "lobby" zone; join up with other players around the entrance to the Umbral Caves in Doomwood Graveyard!
- UPDATED! Shadow Wolf transformation has received an updated animation! The travel speed of this transformation has also been boosted. Zoom zoom! err..woof woof?
- Monsters no longer drop their loot in a "chest". SUPER FANCY LOOT BAG!
- Character names have been updated with a slight outline to make them more visible against backgrounds.
- Introductory area: monster difficulty has been reduced in these maps.
- Reduced the prices of items on Gaz's shop in Intro2.
- Gorthor the Warfiend has some new animations!
- Brand new items and their recipes have been added to Umbral Caves!
- Miscellaneous fixes to Umbral Caves.
- Crafting ingredients are now available inside Umbral Caves.
- Added Small Health Potions as rewards for certain quests inside Umbral Caves.
- Miscellaneous fixes for quests relating to Umbral Caves.
- Certain monsters now have (more) abilities! Keep your eyes peeled (and your potions stocked! muahahaha).
- Max stack of potions has been increased to 15.
- Shadow Wolf Paw has been added to Melodia's Kickstarter shop for those who are Legendary Founder + Shadow Wolf Transformation holders.
- TREASURE CHESTS! That is all.
- FIX: You should no longer get stuck in "NPC zoom in mode"! FREEDOM FROM THE NPC CLOSEUPS!
- Heath's Ghost no longer has 0 HP. Un-undead?
- Some fixes to the crafting system: you can no longer complete a recipe if one of the ingredients is currently equipped.
- No more "disconnect" warning message when using the Log Out feature.
0.0.75 - 06/13/2016
- Item Preview function added! Look for the Preview button on item descriptions and recipes! SPINNY!
- Brand new, super colourful, fancy awesome pretty icons added to the UI! YAY!
- Tropical storm Korin is approaching The Doomwood. Get your raincoats!
- Mother Hen's wings have been clipped; she should no longer jump out of the ceiling in Green Grotto.
- Boogerlings have evolved! meep.
0.0.75 - 06/07/2016
- Hotfix: renamed "Dungeon Energy" to "Dungeon Keys".
- Hotfix: fixed an issue where Dungeon Energy could not be used. The "Refill Energy" button should now update properly! Yay!
- Max Dungeon Energy has been increased to 20!
- Fixed a lighting issue inside Green Grotto. Spoopy.
- A wayward frogzard has found his way out of Barrow Point! (Frogzard Tooth will no longer show up on the list of dungeon loot)
- Weakened Skeletons in the first introductory area have now been set to ez mode neutral.
- Functionality added to show a popup for dungeon area objectives.
- NPC zoom in speed is now SUPER FAST!
- Confirmation button removed when using Travel Map; INSTANT TELEPORTATION!
- The first dungeon, Barrow Point is now available! Visit Robina at Barrow Point by travelling towards the right when you first enter Greenguard North from Battleon! (past the Grotto entrance) Alternatively, you can use /join forestlobby
- Dungeons will require "Energy" (temporary name) to enter. Dungeon Energy points regenerate at 1 point per 3 hours real-time.
- Fix: you can now purchase equipment which has a higher level requirement than your current character level. BUY ALL THE THINGS!!
- Reduced the distance from where you could click an NPC to interact with.
- /report function added.
- Removed the ability to /join dungeons
- A popup warning will now appear when you try to leave a dungeon. BZZT
- Added "Guardian Armor" to Faith's Shop. Shiny!
- Fix: you can no longer bypass the inventory limit using duplicate items.
- Dungeon Energy system implemented.
- Tooltip popups added! POP UP VIDEO
- Rarity types added. ALL THE COLOURS!
- not to be confused with "rares"
- Lighting in Warlic's shop and Cysero's forge have been adjusted.
- Removed Dull Scale as a reward from "Do you have the Stomach?" quest.
- Removed Sneevil Skewer as a reward from "The Brass Ring" and added to "Creative Problem Solving" quest instead.
- "The Brass Ring" is no longer repeatable - now rewards more XP and gold upon completion.
- UI has been updated / reverted? yes! kind of?
- Temporary fix for the extreme blue shadows in Yulgar's Inn as well as Intro 1. (not blue daba deeba)
- Hitboxes have been adjusted as well as target circles; they should work better now!
- Changed how mob leashing works: all players who have engaged a monster will now remain in combat (even if you run out of range) until the monster is dead or has been reset.
- Monster will only reset once ALL current targets are out of range / unreachable / dead.
- Fixed an issue where attacking a mob from max range (30 yards) would cause an instant reset. The monster will now resume eating your face.
- Gorthor should no longer capsize (*whale noises*)
0.0.74 - 05/23/2016
- Hotfix: fixed an issue where mob aggro could be broken.
- Newly created characters will now start in the Introductory area. Skeletons ahoy!
- The dancing zombies in Doomwood Graveyard have gone back to sleep for now.
- Once you have helped Gaz fix his cart in the Intro, he will now be able to take you to Battleon via a dialogue option!
- A temporary Travel Map option has been added to take you to the Introductory area.
- Murky Heal Potion has been removed from Gaz's Cart Shop and is now a quest reward from the quest "Taking Home the Gold".
- Small Health Potion and Small Mana Potion are now available for purchase again from Yulgar (for shiny shiny gold coins).
- The introductory area is now available for testing! Existing players can check it out by using /join intro!
- Changed how leash distance is calculated; it is now calculated off the distance of the player to the mob's original spawn point
- Mobs can now have ranged attacks
- Capes on female characters have been scaled to be closer to the size of male capes. SWOOSHING ALLOWED!
0.0.73 - 05/09/2016
- Hotfix: fixed an issue with stack limits affecting regular equipment
- Special Cape for Kickstarter backers has been added! Find it on Melodia, in Yulgar's Inn!
- Dricken Eggshells have had their Crit % lowered to 10%
- Stat curve has been slightly adjusted with the introduction of Capes and Back Items
- Fixed: an issue where the camera could get "stuck" while zoomed in on an NPC can now be fixed by using the "Log Out" button as well as by switching maps!
- Inventory size increased to 30 slots
- There is now a popup when you have reached the stack limit when purchasing stackable items
- Guardian's "Guardian's Oath" skill has been changed to an AoE debuff: now applies 10% Weakened and 10% Staggered to enemies around you. This ability also has a threat component
- Potions are now on a cooldown and can no longer be spammed
- Fixes: adjustments for how aggro works in the game:
- killing a monster (ie. Dricken) in one hit will no longer get you stuck in combat-mode
- dodges and misses will now generate aggro properly
- aggro transference should now be working (aggro which is split between different monsters, as well as beneficial abilities generating threat)
- Monsters will now always try to attack players who are in range first, before attempting to path to a player who is out of reach. This will hopefully alleviate issues where monsters get stuck, as well as players purposefully trying to reset / get a monster stuck.
0.0.72 - 04/26/2016
- New player character run animations! And swooshy cape animations!
- Capes have been added to Faith's shop! YAY!
- Added Small Health and Mana potions for players to try! Find them in Yulgar's shop!
- Added functionality for buffs which can persist through death and also while offline
- *super secret Shadow Wolf transformation things*
- New "Item" panel button added which lets you quickly access your consumable items and clickie items!
0.0.71 - 04/13/2016
- Reduced the mana cost of Guardian's Strike
- Character Page links should be working again!
- Removed the "Teleport to Town" button
- Posted a fix which will hopefully resolve issues with players getting stuck zoning in to Yulgar's Inn
- Greenguard Omelette quest has been removed (Mother Hen and all her drops remain though!)
- Upgraded the server hamster wheel so that hamsters won't fall off during a server restart / shutdown
- Hotfix: drop rates for Bright Feather has been adjusted
- Hotfix: Daze is being applied properly again; back to zapping!
- Hotfix: fixed an issue where having the quest tracker / quest compass active could cause you to get stuck joining and switching maps
- Hotfix: fixed a missing texture issue with the quest "Because We Can" in Greenguard North
0.0.70 - 03/30/2016
- Quest objective compass added: works for quests that have interactive objects / objectives.
- Travel button now indicates which maps you have active quests in.
- Basic line-of-sight functionality added.
- Updated "Books come from Trees" drop rate to 100% to alleviate the broken tree issue.
- No more flying chests in cave maps!
- Monsters can't move while casting anymore (those cheaters!).
0.0.69 - 03/24/2016
- Fixed an issue where spell effects could get rendered behind objects such as carpets.
- Fixed some bugs with clickies not working properly (trees in Greenguard North and Rocky).
- Updated Quest interface.
- Option to "Track Quest" added
- Button to Travel to Quest NPC added
- Zone where quest is located is shown in the Quest Log panel
- Quick Travel button added.
- The Final Showdown and The Final Final Showdown have had their requirements changed to alleviate the "progress lost" bug.
- Adjusted drop rate for "Jewels of the Sea" quest in Greenguard North. Increased XP reward as well.
- Fixed an issue where a user joining a map was invisible to players.
- Added Daze immunity functionality.
0.0.68 - 03/15/2016
- HOTFIX: Some security issues have been patched.
0.0.67 - 03/05/2016 STEAM RELEASE!
AQ3D is released on Steam! Make sure to request your Steam key on the account management page <http://account.aq3d.com>. You can then redeem your key on Steam by going to Games (at the top of the window) -> Activate a Product on Steam and following the prompts there.
Current Known Issues regarding the Steam client:
Players have reported issues logging in to their accounts via the Facebook Log in feature; we are working on a fix for this.
Some players may also experience crashes when trying to play the game on Steam. If you have this issue, please first look for the "crash log" which will help us identify why your game may have crashed. You can find this file by going to the folder where Steam is installed and navigating to Steam\steamapps\common\AdventureQuest3D\AQ3D_Data and finding the file called "output_log.txt".
Please attach this file to an email with the subject "Steam Crash Log" and send it to email@example.com.
*Please make sure to include information as such:
- Your computer's specifications - example: info about which Operating System you are using
- What were you doing in the game when the crash happened?
- Does it happen every time? Can you reproduce the crash?
0.0.66 - 03/07/2016
Current Known Issues:
- If you've accidentally closed the NPC dialogue panel; you can get stuck in zoomed-in mode. You can fix this by going into your own Main Menu and opening the Quest panel and then closing the window.
- If you are stuck in "zoomed-in" mode and you use the /join command to switch maps, your camera will do all sorts of crazy things! To fix this, be sure to exit your game completely (by closing the game window or using the Exit Game button once the Steam client becomes available)
- Purchasing a new class via the new Classes panel will temporarily bug out the Equip button. It will not show a green check mark if you try to Equip a new class immediately after purchasing. This can be fixed by closing the menu and opening it again.
- Fixed a graphical issue with Guardian Strike and Guardian’s Oath (plane being rendered around the effect)
- Main menu “back” button is now a REAL back button!
- Buffs no longer persist after switching classes (again)
- moar UI fixes! (related to the Quest Log)
- you can now see what you have currently equipped in the Sell window. Woohoo green check marks!
- hotkey numbers are back!
- casting bar is no longer night time
- you can no longer target yourself. Yourself does not exist.
- you can now Delete and Create Characters again!
- miscellaneous UI bug fixes / updates -
- completing a quest will no longer bug out the quest UI
- no more musical NPC dialogue options! They will stay where they are when you go back now.
- new health/mana/xp bars; shiny!
- miscellaneous UI bug fixes
- New game interface introduced -
- The new UI introduces a lot of new buttons and settings! Check out all the new resolution settings! And that Exit Game button (for the upcoming Steam client only)!! (Secret PC user protip: you can press "B" to open your inventory)
- Classes have been separated into their own panel; they will no longer take up a spot in your inventory! Yay!
- The old "class" equips have been converted into armors; you don't need to keep them in your inventory anymore, unless you want to wear them for their looks!
- Slime Lord stats have been adjusted - he should be a much more interesting fight now!
- This is one of the first examples of how boss fights might work and be more challenging; RAWR!
- New outfits added to Gaz’s shop
- Fix: fixed the phantom player bug (can’t target a player)
- Slime Lord has learned a new ability!
- Target cast bars added
0.0.63 - 02/19/2016
- Improved camera control functionality: the camera has now been freed from the evil constraints of the back of your head! Now you can move the camera in all sorts of directions like UP! or even LEFT! **Note, there may have been some confusion about this change; you can now freely rotate the camera using the Left Mouse Button when running, while the Right Mouse Button will turn your character as previously.
- Typos in in a lot of quests have been fxied *fixed
0.0.62 - 02/17/2016
- Additional functionality added to the targeting system: Monsters which hit you will now automatically be targeted, if you did not already have any target. Also it is now possible to tab-target to a target that is behind you or out of camera view if it is already attacking you.
Known Issues and Bugs affecting the server:
- Switching maps while zoomed in on an NPC breaks the camera
- Lighting issues in certain spots (flickering, turning red, blue, black, all of the above)
- There are issues with quest progress saving; players have reported losing progress in their quests; we are still in the process of investigating the issue.
- There may be texture issues which appear when using the Shadow Detail slider. This can be fixed by equipping a different item to refresh.
- Trees in Greenguard North will periodically break, making them unclickable; we are investigating this issue.
0.0.61 - 02/15/2016
- Fix: miscellaneous fixes related to targeting and the new auto-move functionality
- Bridge Skeleton and Big Bones General have had their stats adjusted
0.0.60 - 02/10/2016
- Fix: Auto move disabled for beneficial spells and friendly / neutral targets
- Fix: Auto facing now happens at the start of cast (ex. for Mage Fireball)
- Target will now be automatically deselected when out of range
- Player will now move into combat range when using a single-target combat ability
- Attack reach of some monsters has been adjusted
- Hitboxes for larger monsters has been adjusted
0.0.59 - 02/05/2016
- Tab targeting functionality added (nearest to far, based on camera)
- Player now auto faces the enemy once engaged in combat
- Neutral flagged mobs (non-aggro, but can be attacked)
- Jimmy the Eye has ventured out into Greenguard North!
0.0.58 - 02/04/2016
- Added Serpent Fighter set as drops
- Inquisitor’s Robe added as drop
- General Gathmor stats slightly adjusted
- Sell prices of Pebblar armor set reduced
- Dried Crust sell price reduced
- Adjusted the rewards from “The Brass Ring” quest
- Shadow Detail Slider, Bloom and Depth of Field options added **we expect there to be issues depending on PC specs / hardware; slider setting 5 is also not recommended for most users
- Camera zoom-in on NPC interaction
- Removed “Brisk Trade” quest from Yulgar; replaced with “Sticky Trade”
- Motion trails added to attacks
- Sell prices of Ashen armor set reduced
- Alpha Knight quests are now available from Melodia
0.0.57 - 02/01/2016
- Update to combat animations
- Fix: spamming the auto attack button no longer plays the auto attack animation repeatedly
- Animation lock on all skills removed
- Alpha Knight interface added to Melodia - requires Alpha Knight Badge to view (shop and quests)
- Guardian Class added to Faith’s Class Shop - requires Guardian Badge to purchase
- Brutal Horn, Deathly Zed Sword, The Great Grave Sword, Bridge Keeper’s Axe have had their stats adjusted
- The Final Showdown and The Final Final Showdown - kills needed reduced
- New drops added to Boogerling and Big Bones General
- Beginner’s Alpha Knight set (Lvl 2) has been added to Melodia
- Class Trainers have received makeovers!
- Adjusted Slime Lord trash drops
- Balancing tweaks on Boss Monsters; increased stats all around
- The Final Final Showdown no longer repeatable
- Unity 5.3 conversion/ fixes
- Added In-game Color Customization UI.
- Server - handle and save color customization
- itemization process: drops added to most zones now
- first round of shop changes (Battleon)
- Mana Shield effect duration fixed
- Default camera offset updated
- Stat Curve updated
- Y-offset added to spawning mob
- XP/Gold modifier on mobs
- Quest XP updated
- NPC popup fix for Gaz, Warlic, and Jimmy
- You can now properly abandon a quest from your quest log
- Excess XP rolls over on level up.
- Level up text color updated to be gold..ish!
- Name plate should update level text on levelupSome old quests in Battleon Town have been removed
- NPCs have been updated with new quests and shops
- Cysero’s Weapon Shop (Forge) is now available
0.0.36 (Beta Submission)
- Server Selection screen cleanup
- Spell FX cleanup
- Added MC Log
- Added restriction of shops based on badge
- Asset load fix for robe.
- Mob aggro radius cleanup
- proper display of Gem/Coin sprite/text in shop
- Item higher level than you not equippable anymore
- Inventory list does not reset when you equip/unequip
- Mob Collider is disabled after death (should make clicking the loot box easier)
- Many mobs have had their stats updated / tweaked across all zones
- Buff reset on equip/unequip
- Font & UI update (more noticeable on mobile platforms)
- fixed the issue where the spell would get stuck if casted from the edge of the range (possibly reintroduces the castbar cancelling issue previously fixed)
- Options UI update
- Added respawn time in all machines
- Casting again while cast in progress no longer cancels the cast
- Castbar timing synchronization
- Fix for cast cancel due to auto attack
- Autoattack spam message removed
- Mob Stat reset on combat exit
/adminyell Happy Friday! We are preparing to take the servers down at 11:45 AM EST for today's patch. This patch will update the game to version 1.10; please make sure to get this update once it's available. Down time is estimated to be about one hour. Thanks for your patience!